Our heritage

Our heritage

Monday, October 24, 2016

Marts Musa I am a story teller, photographer, mixed media artist, humor writer, nurse, mama to 2 crazy pups and wife to an amazing talented artist. My previous works were influenced by the stories I saw travelling the world. But that has changed in the last few years courtesy of a car accident and "Bertha" (my ever present head injury). "Bertha" has not only radically changed the way I perceive and process information, she has influenced how my creative endeavors translates into a final product. This shift has inspired works that explore the sense of disjointedness and chaos that comes with a brain injury. Whether or not the creative force behind the story is Bertha or something else (e.g my reactive little dog that constantly barks profanities at the neighbors...heavens help me), I always use humor and my art to re-frame life in a positive way. I love to tell my stories from the view point of the darker places. I have always believed that the richest stories of humanity are found in those spaces where light encroaches on darkness. I never find these shadow spaces to be sinister; instead they are filled with optimism, hope and joy. That positivity is what you will see in all my works; spanning the range from photography to mixed media pieces to encaustic paintings. In this spirit of positivism and gratitude for all in my life, ALL PROCEEDS from sales of my work during the Culture Crawl will benefit www.CommunityAndChildHaiti.ca and www.HugaBull.com .

1 comment:

Jimy said...

Travel around the world and share your experience with us. That is what you have been doing so far. Loved your work. Keep it up, dude.